The SolarChill Project brings together the expertise and resources of International Organizations who are the SolarChill Project Partners and major companies who are the Industry Participants. The Project Partners are responsible for the full scope of the SolarChill Project. The Industry Participants provide their technical expertise in accordance with decisions of the Project Partners.
All the SolarChill Partners have signed a cooperation agreement, participate in the SolarChill steering committee and have the same rights and obligations. The SolarChill Partners and their respective roles are:
- Danish Technological Institute: coordinates technology development and field tests;
- GIZ: provides technological assessment, field tests overseeing and fund raising;
- Greenpeace International: provides project coordination, environmental input and fund raising;
- PATH: an international non-profit organization supported by donors including private foundations and governments provides technical assessment and coordinates field tests;
- United Nations Children’s Fund; provides needs analysis, advice and assessment;
- United Nations Environment Program, Division of Technology, Industry & Economics: provides overall technology assessment, policy advice, outreach of the SolarChill technology through networks of country representatives, technical experts and industry partners as well as existing clearinghouse infrastructures and publications;
- World Health Organization: provides equipment specification, needs analysis and technology advice and assessment.
Though SolarChill benefits from the cooperation of private companies in the development of the technology, the SolarChill Partners are not endorsing the products of any one company, nor have they entered into any commercial relationship with any one company. Industry Participants provide their technical expertise in accordance with decisions of the SolarChill partners.
The Industry Participants and their respective roles are:
- Danish refrigerator manufacturer Vestfrost: in cooperation with DTI, developed and produced the chest freezer prototypes of the SolarChill Vaccine Cooler.
- German compressor manufacturer Secop GmbH: developed and provided the direct current, hydrocarbon compressor used in both prototype models
Industry Participants provide their technical expertise in accordance with decisions of the SolarChill Partners on a not for profit basis.